Thursday, May 5, 2016

Forbidden spell



It came from darkness catching us off guard
With blinking swiftness, it clawed 2 of my friends
Giving no time to react it continued to attack with remarkable speed
Instinct becomes our savior as our remaining band of 6 enter the fray
With weapons in hand we fight our now visible foe
In front of me I see a towering shadow colored monster
Claws covered in the flesh blood of his recent victims
Eyes filled with madness and razor sharp fangs
With our strength diminish I sense death brewing
Facing dead allies and newly injured ones I steadied my resolve
Because to win, a forbidden spell had to be cast
An action only I could do with a burden only I could take...
I begin to chant the spell, my body glows and surrounds itself with a blue aura
Growing with intensity the further I chant, the air shivers
Halfway finish, both allies and foe alike turn to me unable to move
Fear rises from the unknown as they feel my power

WITH UNQUESTIONING RESOLVE, I SURRENDER MY COMPASSION
TO BRING FORTH THE GREATEST FEAR AND DESPAIR
SWALLOW MY FOE TO THE DEEPEST DEPTH
THE EMPTIEST AND COLDEST CORNER OF THE DEEP
WITH LONELINESS AS HIS ONLY COMPANION AND DEATH AS HIS SAVIOR
SHATTERING A PIECE OF MY BEING AS I CONDEMN HIS FATE
I CAST SWALLOWING OCEAN
It breaks from the shackles impose by fear and tries to finish me
But it’s too late, the spell has been cast and as the last words escape my mouth
I raise my staff as water gushes from it, surrounding and encasing the monster
In a sphere made from water it falls to the ground and like a rain drop it disappears
Causing a momentary ripple in the ground as the spell sends it to a dimension
Where it will stay even when it succumbs to death

No comments:

Post a Comment